Search

Showcattle.com Forum · Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 244
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
<< prev page next page >>

Alexandra Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
10/16/2009 9:15:42 PM reply with quote send message to Alexandra Ranch Object to Post

I have a friend who shows holsteins, they're the besthappy :)
You've got my support!
 5 Lazy D Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
10/19/2009 5:22:37 PM reply with quote send message to 5 Lazy D Ranch Object to Post

Kix- From 5 Lazy D Ranch
 Proush farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
10/24/2009 2:46:44 PM reply with quote send message to Proush farms Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think it would be a good idea and a lot of people would support it but I'm just not a dairy person....
 Proush farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
10/24/2009 2:47:48 PM reply with quote send message to Proush farms Object to Post

plus two of my cousins are huge in thier dairy andshowing dairy cows happy :)
 Proush farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
10/24/2009 2:49:03 PM reply with quote send message to Proush farms Object to Post

posted by Dark Tower
Or better yet a dairy option on this site. That way you could do both!
 Cedar Springs
Trial Account

Trial Account
10/26/2009 3:42:15 AM reply with quote send message to Cedar Springs Object to Post

sure would !!!!!
Cedar Springs
 countyline ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/1/2009 9:11:40 PM reply with quote send message to countyline ranch Object to Post

instead of starting a whole new one, should just branch it off of this game...
 EagleView Farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/2/2009 7:38:34 AM reply with quote send message to EagleView Farms Object to Post

Mark Skeels EagleView Farms
 EagleView Farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/2/2009 8:37:21 AM reply with quote send message to EagleView Farms Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Just B Coz
I would definitly support it, just because I like the games.

But what would the main goal of the game be? Breed cows and try and have to top milk producing cow in the game?...I know some people show dairy cattle in RL, but I don't see a huge market for that in a game, when we already have showcattle. Their wouldn't be much of a cullers market, because most milk breeds don't have a lot meat, so you would not be able to get by on feedlots. I can see why Jeff is hesitant to get a dairy sim off the ground, he already has 2 huge cattle based sims, there really isn't a need for another one, especially one as 'flimsy' (for lack of a better word) as dairy cattle.

So in summary, I'm all for it, but I don't believe there is much in it for Jeff, doesn't really seem like a game where players would stick around long after the novelty wears off...

I can understand why Jeff is hesitant because of the large amounts of information needed to construct the site, but I don't agree that a dairy site would be 'flimsy'. There are six main purebred breeds that modern dairy farmers use in the United States and even more breeds in Europe and Asia. If you are worried that there are no ways to compare ranch to ranch, there are several ways it could be achieved. Milk production being one of those. Typically, dairy cows are evaluated on total production(lbs) and in milk fat solids (lbs butterfat, lbs protien, lbs other solids). Farms could also be evaluated based on their rolling herd average (average milk production per cow in 305 days) or on total production. Furthermore, dairy cows are shown extensively across the United States and Europe. For example, World Dairy Expo in Madison Wisconsin, and the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto Canada. I won't explain the evaluation of dairy traits, but you get the point.

Cull cows in the dairy breed are worth less, but they also are not meant for beef. Surprisingly, there is a very large market for dairy cull cows, as the cull rate for the average dairy farm is between 25 and 30 percent, and the average life of a dairy animal has fallen to 4 1/2 years of age. Obviously, it is beneficial to sell a dairy animal to another herd rather than to market (similar to Show Cattle) and that could be portrayed in the simulation.

There are so many other opportunities to market genetics in dairy that I won't begin to mention them. To me, it seems a dairy simulation could be as or more challenging than Show Cattle.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone. Jeff, thank you for all of your hard work! I will continue to support Show Cattle, and would be more than willing to support a dairy simulation.
 derryola
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/15/2009 6:33:17 AM reply with quote send message to derryola Object to Post

yes
 DP Elite Show Cattle
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/15/2009 12:57:30 PM reply with quote send message to DP Elite Show Cattle Object to Post

im for it
 HarperFarm
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/18/2009 7:15:37 PM reply with quote send message to HarperFarm Object to Post

Jess G.-HarperFarm
I would love a dairy sim.
 Innisfail Herd
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/5/2009 10:55:58 AM reply with quote send message to Innisfail Herd Object to Post

There are alot of things you can do with a sim dairy. Sure there is the obvious that getting the best show cattle and high milk production and make money off milk sale and selling high priced show cattle. Then there are the milk production dairys that only care about high milk sale and make a good amount of money.
 Hickory Ridge Cattle Co
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/5/2009 5:13:48 PM reply with quote send message to Hickory Ridge Cattle Co Object to Post

why not
Bill White-Hickory Ridge Cattle Co
 buckeyegirl5
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/12/2009 12:41:37 PM reply with quote send message to buckeyegirl5 Object to Post

I wold NOT support that. I think that having a lamb sin would be great. If only this website had more things to do. BUT I WOULD NOT SUPPORT THE DAIRY THING!!! happy :)
 Coon Bros Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/12/2009 4:15:43 PM reply with quote send message to Coon Bros Ranch Object to Post

id do it
 blackangusfarms
Trial Account

Trial Account
1/18/2010 11:59:20 AM reply with quote send message to blackangusfarms Object to Post

me to
 Creek View Cattle Farm
Trial Account

Trial Account
1/27/2010 10:06:14 PM reply with quote send message to Creek View Cattle Farm Object to Post

I'm in
CVCF
 peper23
Trial Account

Trial Account
1/28/2010 9:30:16 PM reply with quote send message to peper23 Object to Post

lane owens- peper23 - dairy sim would be cool
 EagleView Farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
1/28/2010 11:07:04 PM reply with quote send message to EagleView Farms Object to Post

posted by buckeyegirl5
I wold NOT support that. I think that having a lamb sin would be great. If only this website had more things to do. BUT I WOULD NOT SUPPORT THE DAIRY THING!!! happy :)
You don't even support this sim. I wouldn't expect you to support any others. It would have to be worth while for Jeff to create, which would mean paying for it. I'm sure that you have your reasons for not wanting to support, I just don't think that this post was created for you to say no. If you don't want to support, simply don't post a reply.

My .02
EVF

Replies in this thread : 244
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
<< prev page next page >>