Search

Showcattle.com Forum · Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 129
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>

Circle I feedlot
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/26/2012 4:10:18 PM reply with quote send message to Circle I feedlot Object to Post

longhorns and corrientes
 All Mixed Up
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/8/2013 12:54:30 AM reply with quote send message to All Mixed Up Object to Post

South Devon
Saler
 Texas Land Cattle Co.
Trial Account

Trial Account
4/2/2013 10:24:31 AM reply with quote send message to Texas Land   Cattle Co. Object to Post

posted by LynchFarms
Texas Longhorns
Yeah, I was disappointed not to see Texas Longhorn cattle availeable.
 kacey
Trial Account

Trial Account
4/8/2013 6:29:54 PM reply with quote send message to kacey Object to Post

posted by BeefMaker Cattle Co.
Square Meaters.

I want to suggest something, if admin wont allow anymore breeds for awhile, then do your own little breed. They might be classified as European Crosses but you guys can have your own little shows, and call them what ever you want. I know alot of people want Murray Greys, make your own Shorthorn Angus crosses throw a little bit(1/8 or so) Char in there to get some greys, and you have you own Murray Greys that you can call Murray Greys, but they will be classified on showcattle as Euro Crosses.

If you want Lowlines, just breed small Angus.

You get my point, but there are alot of breeds that I would like to be added that you cant just "make" on here, such as Longhorns.

I totally agree with this. Some people are complaning that there isn't enough "enjoyment" on the game. Well first of all, if they don't enjoy the game, then why are they playing it? And Second, doing what Beefmaker Cattle Co just suggested, it would make more fun, but in a different way. I also agree with the fact that we could use some Longhorns!
 Texas Land Cattle Co.
Trial Account

Trial Account
6/24/2013 11:35:27 AM reply with quote send message to Texas Land   Cattle Co. Object to Post

I ask that the administration add the Texas Longhorn as an option.
 Woodlands Brahman and Blonds
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/4/2013 3:58:12 PM reply with quote send message to Woodlands Brahman and Blonds Object to Post

Why long horns? They are a novelty unless bred for Rodeo. No beef producer ever used them because we breed for polled cattle.
 Texas Land Cattle Co.
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/20/2013 4:21:51 PM reply with quote send message to Texas Land   Cattle Co. Object to Post

Longhorns because there are breed shows for them as well as any other breed represented here.
 Texas Land Cattle Co.
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/22/2013 1:12:09 PM reply with quote send message to Texas Land   Cattle Co. Object to Post

Any feedback, Admin?
 Fleckvieh Simmental Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/22/2013 8:25:35 PM reply with quote send message to Fleckvieh Simmental Ranch Object to Post

Just breed some skinny small frames brindle american crosses... Same as longhorns.
 Woodlands Brahman and Blonds
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/24/2013 3:54:43 PM reply with quote send message to Woodlands Brahman and Blonds Object to Post

posted by Fleckvieh Simmental Ranch
Just breed some skinny small frames brindle american crosses... Same as longhorns.
My thoughts exactly!

There is breed shows for all breeds, doesnt mean they need to be on here.
 Texas Land Cattle Co.
Trial Account

Trial Account
9/21/2013 5:22:08 AM reply with quote send message to Texas Land   Cattle Co. Object to Post

Longhorns!
 Montana Dee Ranch
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
9/21/2013 6:10:47 AM reply with quote send message to Montana Dee Ranch Object to Post

posted by Woodlands Brahman and Blonds
Why long horns? They are a novelty unless bred for Rodeo. No beef producer ever used them because we breed for polled cattle.
Actually yes... a cattle rancher neighbor of my parents introduced longhorn blood into his beef calves...I believe they are a mix of longhorn and Angus. I was told the reason for it but can't remember, but it gave him a better calf. Maybe something with the birth weights? I don't remember...but some people do it and it worked out for him.

Texas Land Cattle Co.
Trial Account

Trial Account
9/22/2013 4:09:57 PM reply with quote send message to Texas Land   Cattle Co. Object to Post

Longhorn bulls are great for low birth weights in young heifers.
 -D Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/5/2013 3:50:32 PM reply with quote send message to -D Ranch Object to Post

I would agree with galloways! But I think adding dairy breeds isn't the best idea, maybe ask admin to make a dairy website like showcattle
 *Hereford Cattle Farms*
Trial Account

Trial Account
10/17/2013 4:27:45 AM reply with quote send message to *Hereford Cattle Farms* Object to Post

Welsh blacks. Not many know about them and they have the horns.
 The Big S
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/5/2013 7:44:55 PM reply with quote send message to The Big S Object to Post

Longhorns!
 seth farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/6/2013 11:36:05 AM reply with quote send message to seth farms Object to Post

highlander
 seth farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/6/2013 11:36:31 AM reply with quote send message to seth farms Object to Post

long horns
 cwfeeders
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
12/29/2013 6:43:12 PM reply with quote send message to cwfeeders Object to Post

Long horns require a completely different set of statistics, longhorns are shown more for their horns than anything.
Dairy cattle are also judged on different statistics than beef cattle, the game is designed for beef cattle.
Just my uneducated oppinion.
 Double LDS Farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/29/2013 9:53:23 PM reply with quote send message to Double LDS Farms Object to Post

Brown Swiss

Replies in this thread : 129
Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
<< prev page next page >>