Search

Showcattle.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 76
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Douse anyone show real cattle?
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

System.__ComObject
3/1/2014 9:57:52 PM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post   

Douse anyone show real cattle? In real life? if you do what breeds do you show and what's your stud and what ever else.
 Jaggers Maine Anjous
Trial Account
Posts : 128

Trial Account
3/4/2014 10:55:39 AM reply with quote send message to Jaggers Maine Anjous Object to Post

I show Hereford and Maine Anjou cattle in real life. But I'm selling my Maines and developing a Hereford seedstock herd.
 -D Ranch
Premium Member
Posts : 139

Premium Member
3/4/2014 11:18:47 PM reply with quote send message to -D Ranch Object to Post

My family raises and shows cross breeds, Chianina , and simmentals.
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

Trial Account
3/5/2014 1:07:05 AM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post

cool! what's your studs called?
 Woodlands Brahman and Blonds
Premium Member
Posts : 500+

Premium Member
3/8/2014 5:18:00 AM reply with quote send message to Woodlands Brahman and Blonds Object to Post

ive got a brangus stud, 'Dynamite Brangus'. started just under 2 years ago with my first female purchase.
 Jaggers Maine Anjous
Trial Account
Posts : 128

Trial Account
3/8/2014 8:47:07 PM reply with quote send message to Jaggers Maine Anjous Object to Post

I don't have a stud, we A.I. all of our cows to the best bulls of their breeds
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

Trial Account
3/9/2014 4:19:47 AM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post

we started just last year (we are Five Star Limousins and show steers) we haven't bread anything just yet but will have some calves next year!
we are mostly show steers, but at the moment cant find any real good steers cause hear we are in magger drought ( I mean real bad 80% of Australia is drought declared)!!!!!!
 Jaggers Maine Anjous
Trial Account
Posts : 128

Trial Account
3/9/2014 3:41:13 PM reply with quote send message to Jaggers Maine Anjous Object to Post

We had our first set of calves hit the ground this year.. we had two club calves, one died the other one is doing great, and we have a heifer currently bred to a bull called BOYD Worldwide
 Woodlands Brahman and Blonds
Premium Member
Posts : 500+

Premium Member
3/9/2014 4:27:55 PM reply with quote send message to Woodlands Brahman and Blonds Object to Post

yup im in good ol' drought declared QLD... almost out of feed and water and dreading winter with no feed and calves due from late July onwards...
 Claypan Feedlot
Trial Account
Posts : 16

Trial Account
3/10/2014 5:54:11 PM reply with quote send message to Claypan Feedlot Object to Post

We cart 50,000 litres of water a week Lucy, i know how you feel
 Claypan Feedlot
Trial Account
Posts : 16

Trial Account
3/10/2014 5:56:08 PM reply with quote send message to Claypan Feedlot Object to Post

Oh and Sowden we have a Gelbvieh Stud, "Bushy Park Gelbvieh". Located 140kms south west of Dalby and 180kms south south east of Roma. Check us out on Facebook.
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

Trial Account
3/11/2014 1:24:56 AM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post

that's really cool! I live just out of Kingaroy! near you (well in the same area! south east Queensland)do you show your cattle?

Lucy,
we are getting low on water and are dreadin winter as well! Its pretty scary at the moment wants it going to be like in winter! I will hate to see. I wonder if we are going to run out of food (that's grown in Qld I mean)

there is only a 40% chance its going to rain this coming winter. so that means a 60% chance its NOT going to rain at all! SKARY hay!

Carmen.
 Woodlands Brahman and Blonds
Premium Member
Posts : 500+

Premium Member
3/11/2014 1:34:24 AM reply with quote send message to Woodlands Brahman and Blonds Object to Post

Yup! Scary stuff. we don't have to cart water because we are on a water scheme, just got to pay for it, but cheaper than carting. im at Murgon and Gympie.
 OZZIE FEEDERS
Trial Account
Posts : 142

Trial Account
3/11/2014 1:57:32 AM reply with quote send message to OZZIE FEEDERS Object to Post

definitely feel for you guys in QlD we are doing fairly well in WA hopefully you see rain soon
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

Trial Account
3/11/2014 2:46:40 AM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post

fingers crossed!
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

Trial Account
3/11/2014 2:51:36 AM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post

hey, Claypan Feedlot can you send me the link to your studs Facebook page if possible. I'm interested in seeing some of your cattle!!! where not on Facebook (our stud I mean) but we might have a website soon. I'll send you the link if we get one.
 Woodlands Brahman and Blonds
Premium Member
Posts : 500+

Premium Member
3/11/2014 3:16:18 AM reply with quote send message to Woodlands Brahman and Blonds Object to Post

I got a website. was free and easy
 Claypan Feedlot
Trial Account
Posts : 16

Trial Account
3/14/2014 1:14:04 AM reply with quote send message to Claypan Feedlot Object to Post

Yes we have a show team Sowden, we show at Tara, Goondiwindi, Roma, Brisbane etc. We are going to Sydney this year as well but not with our cattle.
Ill email you a link to our facebook page
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

Trial Account
3/15/2014 2:30:51 AM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post

cool! and my name is Carmen and my last name is actually Sowdenhappy :) what bread do you show?
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

Trial Account
3/15/2014 2:56:58 AM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post

hey everyone!
speaking of drought, Kingaroy got 2ml of rain Friday night! already green.
 Sowden Ranch
Trial Account
Posts : 208

Trial Account
3/15/2014 9:00:29 PM reply with quote send message to Sowden Ranch Object to Post

sorry I meant 2 inches of rainhappy :)

Replies in this thread : 76
Page : 1 2 3 4
<< prev page next page >>

Post Reply