Showcattle.com Forum · Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 24
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

FF Farms
Trial Account

Trial Account
11/16/2014 10:41:42 AM reply with quote send message to FF Farms Object to Post

Yes, there are plenty of real grass finished cattle out there, but they are finished on decent pastures. Thin, underweight cattle receive a price dock at real markets. How many grass finishing operations aim at producing unfinished cattle? In real life, even grass finished calves require a certain level of nutrition to finish. Open Range would be the equivalent of a very poor pasture able to keep an animal alive, but not in good condition. There are cheaper pasture options on the game that will bring cattle up to "ideal" finish. Open range just isn't one of them.

I'm in favor of a sliding scale market price. It would add another dimension to the game. Do you want to feed cattle the cheapest feed for a lower market price, or spend a bit more on feed to get a higher price? A real life example of this decision: Prime cattle receive the highest prices, but are expensive to produce and often not the most profitable quality grade to produce.

As always,
Just my $0.02
FF
 Cripple Creek Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2014 10:33:51 AM reply with quote send message to Cripple Creek Ranch Object to Post

I agree, the 4 to 6 scale condition should bring more market price.
This would make the British Breeds more valuable, since higher condition on less feed.
In real Life a 1000lb counts for 1 AU, 500lb 1/2
also a large frame eats more feed, not good for the feed lots on the game.
A cows heat cycle 9 days to turn green is not longer than she carries the calf 7 days.
Should be 2 day heat 9 days to calf, this would cut into run away profit of the game and make more REAL.
 IndianaJim
Trial Account

Trial Account
12/17/2014 1:45:22 PM reply with quote send message to IndianaJim Object to Post

With 2 day heats, my donors would be wore out!
happy :)

Cripple Creek Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2014 4:10:56 PM reply with quote send message to Cripple Creek Ranch Object to Post

Lol, I didn’t think of that! That would be bad.

Replies in this thread : 24
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>