Showcattle.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : It's sad
 Blue Collar Receps
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
7/1/2022 8:17:03 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Collar Receps Object to Post   

410 active ranches it's sad to see it come to this wish there could of been some more time or sold the website I've played the game starting in 2004 or so with another ranch played when and had a blast took a few years off and have been back off and on for years now with different ranches. I'll be here till the fat lady sings but wish it would of became something bigger
 Thompson Family Cattle
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/1/2022 9:10:02 PM reply with quote send message to Thompson Family Cattle Object to Post

I’ve been off an on for a while i don’t think all hope is lost yet the return of a couple bigger ranches has helped one breed in particular
 Honey Rock Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/1/2022 9:32:14 PM reply with quote send message to Honey Rock Ranch Object to Post

It is mind boggling to think about what might have been. Or could be... Just a few tweeks here and there. Not a whole new game. Unexplainably, it is how it is... in all aspects of life really. I'm with you, I'll be playing this as long as I can, as long as it is this format, but "What Might Have Been" is more than just a song.
 Namaka Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/2/2022 12:31:57 AM reply with quote send message to Namaka Ranch Object to Post

The thing I find most infuriating and is the biggest turn off is all the broken features that were never fixed… yet Jeff is now working on a new game while this one remains with broken features - or features that could have been developed further but he couldn’t be bothered to despite many of us paying good money to play here.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
7/2/2022 8:29:59 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

I'm posting an announcement later but I'm going to shut this site down on January 1st.

Details on subscriptions will come later.
 Thompson Family Cattle
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2022 11:15:35 AM reply with quote send message to Thompson Family Cattle Object to Post

Well that’s a solid welcome to showcattle.com this morning
 Harvey Cattle Co
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
7/2/2022 11:17:33 AM reply with quote send message to Harvey Cattle Co Object to Post

Gross, I guess I will cancel as soon as I can after holiday. Touché

HARV
 Warner Hill
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2022 11:30:46 AM reply with quote send message to Warner Hill Object to Post

Yay! I just renewed for the year! #%*@!

feeederhaven
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/2/2022 11:36:12 AM reply with quote send message to feeederhaven Object to Post

Well, I guess all good things come to an end. Shame that the new game isn’t affordable for most people, so I guess I’m out. It’s been fun. Good luck to everyone staying until the end.
 popandbob
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/2/2022 12:47:08 PM reply with quote send message to popandbob Object to Post

In some ways I wish Jeff had just just shut it down now instead of waiting 6 months… I’ve lost all motivation to play, breed or anything… after all whats the point when in 5 months time it’ll all be gone anyway.
It’s devalued my cattle, devalued the last 5 months of my subscription, and devalued the efforts over the past 7 months.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
7/2/2022 12:52:25 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

If you want a refund based on the prorated monthly price, let me know and we'll get it done.
 JeffMills517
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/2/2022 6:47:24 PM reply with quote send message to JeffMills517 Object to Post

I heard the news. Sad to hear. I had always hoped to find the time to come back to the game at some point. I enjoyed it alot. Thanks.
 Harvey Cattle Co
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
7/2/2022 8:34:34 PM reply with quote send message to Harvey Cattle Co Object to Post

I will be asking to cancel and take any prorated already paid. I will email you Tuesday Jeff.

Thanks
HARV
 Blue Collar Receps
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/2/2022 9:47:03 PM reply with quote send message to Blue Collar Receps Object to Post

I will play my sub out I got another month it was a good almost 20 years started out simsteer or something like that. Was fun meeting and interacting with people through the years the ride had to come to a close sometime.
 montyc1
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/10/2022 3:54:06 PM reply with quote send message to montyc1 Object to Post

Sure has been nice playing this game with everyone the last 14 years..Where do we go from here, is their another game anyone knows about..Please let me know..
 montyc1
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/10/2022 3:54:06 PM reply with quote send message to montyc1 Object to Post

Sure has been nice playing this game with everyone the last 14 years..Where do we go from here, is their another game anyone knows about..Please let me know..
 Rex Ranch
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
7/10/2022 4:23:01 PM reply with quote send message to Rex Ranch Object to Post

Back in the early 2000's, I use to take part in this simulation that was developed by Texas A&M University. That one was an old looking DOS system that taught how inbreeding impacted weight. It was nothing like showcattle.com as far as shows and breeding for multiple traits. But, do any of you with college AG department connections know of a computer based simulation being used by any of the AG departments?
 Honey Rock Ranch
Trial Account

Trial Account
7/10/2022 10:10:44 PM reply with quote send message to Honey Rock Ranch Object to Post

good idea Rex. I know at Montana State we had a cow simulation that looked at various things like hybrid vigor, breeding dates, etc. It would be fun to play that, but i dont know.. i cant remember any of the specifics. and that was 25-30 years ago! Any college peoples out there? surely there is something real boring that would be fun for us to explore..
 Cripple Creek Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/10/2022 10:36:10 PM reply with quote send message to Cripple Creek Ranch Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Maybe

https://portal.nifa.usda.gov/web/crisprojectpages/1015476-cowgame-a-beef-cattle-breeding-simulation-for-todays-classroom.html

-----
Last edited by Cripple Creek Ranch on 7/11/2022 11:54:43 AM
 Cripple Creek Ranch
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/11/2022 4:29:37 PM reply with quote send message to Cripple Creek Ranch Object to Post

is this the one Rex?
 Rex Ranch
Agricultural Educator

Agricultural Educator
7/11/2022 4:41:05 PM reply with quote send message to Rex Ranch Object to Post

No. It wasn't this one. But, I am not surprised to see the University of Missouri working toward something like this. The University of Missouri has been on the cutting edge of late in studying the impact of Endophyte infected pastures, hair shedding scores, and agriculture youth development. There are some really insightful folks working there right now and some great innovators who have recently retired from there.

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>